This is a collection of various (mostly) completed projects with a small amount of commentary.
This creates a console-overlay when you hit the console trigger key which I needed for testing out some games and other programs I've been tinkering with. This was my second time working with OpenGL with the goal of a completed project. The project was kind of frustrating but actually got a lot easier when I switched from SDL_TTF to FreeType to handle the text rendering.
I've used physical checkbook registers in the past to keep track of my money, but I don't like keeping up with too many physical things. I always have my laptop with me so I created this Python script to keep a little dot-file that acted as register.
An Actor Model-ish framework for Lua that's also an Entity Component System. It uses a heavily message centric model to achieve robustness such as runtime debugging and development, partial failure and patching, and decoupling as an inherent trait. I'm not working on this much-too-ambitious project anymore but it does do what I've promised at the cost of complexity.
Fast was the first complete game I'd ever made. This is the source code to the C version which was written in SDL1.2 & OpenGL. I later polished this up, gave it new graphics, and ported it to iOS and made an App which was a great experience. Fast was a very fun project.
I've never been interested in writing a blog. I'm not a star. No one cares about the myriad semi-mundane experiences of everyday life. But I do think what I've experienced can be used to provide value for people. Writing articles for others not only distills the knowledge for myself but also for others. I usually learn something during the research I do when writing an article as well.
For a freelance job I needed a solution to create and store barcodes in memory. I open-sourced the project when the core was complete but I didn't create a packaged solution because I was busy implementing the core for the job. I forgot about it for several years before some people started dropping comments. I recently cleaned the codebase up to somewhat match the production code.